Social Worker (MSW, LCSW, LMHC), Partial Hospitalization Program - Full TimeJob ID 3661844256
$3,000 sign on bonus
The BWFH Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) Social Workers are an essential component of the inter-disciplinary treatment team, providing clinical care for patients including assessment and treatment planning, group and individual therapy, crisis intervention and disposition planning. Provides assessment, stabilization and treatment for patients who have psychiatric and substance use disorders. Treatment modalities include individual therapy, group therapy and pharmacological intervention. The primary goal of the program is to provide guidance, self-empowerment, and healthy living techniques to promote recovery. The program is part of a continuum encompassing inpatient and outpatient levels of treatment that aim to provide early intervention, clinical stabilization, and ability to refer internally, ensuring continuity of care.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Providing direct patient care including initial psychosocial assessment, orientation to the program, individual and group therapy, case management and care coordination with outside agencies in a culturally sensitive manner.
• Coordination of family meetings, as needed and when appropriate.
• Assessment for abuse/neglect; filing mandated reports as indicated.
• Assessment for intimate partner violence and participating in safety planning for IPV as warranted.
• Completion of documentation (Intake note, treatment plan, progress notes, group therapy notes) in accordance with established timelines and standards.
• Working effectively as part of the interdisciplinary team, participating in daily team rounds and ongoing communication throughout the day on cases and as issues arise.
• Participation in research or quality improvement projects as requested by the supervisor.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why we’ve been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- MSW, LCSW, or LMHC with current professional licensure in Massachusetts.
- Minimum of graduate level internship experience in relevant setting.
- Adheres to all hospital-wide standards for professional behavior, as well as cultural sensitivity and age specific competencies
- Interest and/or experience in the field of psychiatric disorders and substance use
- Clinical experience in individual and group therapy and interest in furthering knowledge in evidence-based therapeutic practices
- Skills for assessment, treatment, and crisis intervention
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Interest in outcome measures, clinical research, teaching, patient safety, and quality improvement initiatives
- Ability to use diagnostic criteria based on the DSM 5 to formulate a diagnostic impression and determine level of functioning
- Time management and ability to manage multiple priorities and take initiative
- Strong team player
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Knowledge of community agencies/resources. Ability to advocate/negotiate systems for/with patients
- Staff adheres to all I.C.A.R.E. Standards
The Outpatient Department is an intensive clinical environment. Focus: Individual treatment, family work, consultations nads utilization review with insurance companies for continued care authorizations. Patient/social worker ratio is variable and dependent on patient census and acuity.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee’s protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.
- Laboratory- Med Tech, Blood Bank, FT evenings Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Radiology- MRI Technologist, part time Boston, Massachusetts 12/11/2020
- Laboratory Med Tech Generalist, Full-Time, Nights Boston, Massachusetts 12/18/2020
- Social Worker (MSW, LCSW, LMHC), Partial Hospitalization Program - Full Time Boston, Massachusetts 01/05/2021