Social Worker, LCSW-per diem hoursJob ID 11707541264
per diem hours
- The Clinical Social Worker is responsible for assuming assigned patient caseloads on inpatient medicine and surgery, Addiction Recovery Program, or emergency department. Reporting to the Social Work Manager or a designated supervisor, the social worker will provide bio-psychosocial assessments and interventions for patients and/or families impacted by a patient’s acute medical needs and any psychosocial factors or barriers impacting their care. The social worker will identify high risk psychosocial factors impacting a patient’s health status and, as an integral member of the interdisciplinary team, will help the hospital staff understand the influence of those factors on the patient’s course of medical care. The social worker will effectively intervene through evaluation, emotional supportive therapy and/or other therapeutic modality, provision of resources and recommendations, and team collaboration around potential barriers to care in the community and around discharge needs. The social worker will have knowledge in mandated reporting, cultural and/or age specific impact, homelessness, substance use disorders, psychiatric illness, and the various community agency and resources available. Ability to lead groups for inpatient addiction program is preferred.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do.
If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) from accredited program.
Current professional licensure in Massachusetts
- Experience in health care setting or social work internship in health care setting preferred.
- Minimum of graduate level internship experience in appropriate setting.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment
- Laboratory- Med Tech, Blood Bank, FT evenings Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Radiology- MRI Technologist, part time Boston, Massachusetts 12/11/2020
- Laboratory Med Tech Generalist, Full-Time, Nights Boston, Massachusetts 12/18/2020
- Social Worker (MSW, LCSW, LMHC), Partial Hospitalization Program - Full Time Boston, Massachusetts 01/05/2021