Resource Specialist- Perioperative, Full-Time DaysJob ID 39516720864
Schedule: Full-time 40 hours. 8:00am- 4:30pm
As a member of the department-based Patient Care Team, the Perioperative Resource Specialist facilitates patient flow and resource utilization for Perianesthesia and Preprocedural patients to ensure efficient, high-quality patient care. They collaborate with members of the interdisciplinary care team in planning and coordinating patient scheduling, testing, evaluation, optimization, and education around surgery. The Resource Specialist is responsible for acting as an advocate for patients and patient families and strive to support the hospital’s aims for optimal resource management, high customer satisfaction, and high-quality care.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages preoperative notification of surgery time and preoperative information to patients.
- Coordinates with interdisciplinary care team to ensure the most efficient and safe surgery schedule with special attention to patient satisfaction.
- Schedules preoperative lab testing including COVID testing in a precise manner to enhance efficient use of department resources and patient experience in conjunction with Clinical Leader, Nursing, Physician and Administrative leadership.
- Utlizes all EHR tools available including reports and dashboards to manage orders, contact, education, results and other aspects of patient testing.
- Performs the following duties, including but not limited to reaching out to patients to coordinate testing appointments, answering department phones, collaborating with health care team members and other departments to schedule patient tests and appointments and maintain all medical records.
- Responsible for greeting and receiving visitors to Perianesthesia departments, and other interactions, responding to needs of patients and family members and taking a proactive role in the efficient operation of the unit in a professional manner, projecting a positive public image with use of the C.A.R.E. standards.
- Obtains appropriate and accurate data from the physician’s offices and other sources to enable best care for patients before and through the day of surgery.
- Manages all functions of electronic scheduling system in Epic electronic health record.
- Reconciles and corrects appointments scheduled and/or performed by Perianesthesia departments.
- Notifies the unit leadership of changing scheduling needs and/or problems encountered or anticipated in a timely manner.
- Interacts with ancillary departments and outside provider agencies to provide and ensure the smooth operation of each day’s schedule
- Basic clerical skills such as organizing paperwork, filing, answering telephones and pages
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree preferred, Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in medical, customer service setting preferred.
- Healthcare experience, knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office & Epic strongly preferred.
- Exemplifies all I.C.A.R.E. Standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients, visitors, and hospital personnel.
- Must be able to manage a variable workload with the ability to constantly change priorities. Requires ability to work proactively and independently.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with staff through voice mail, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to assist with the transportation of patients as indicated.
The unit is fast paced. Patients arriving may be anxious. Work is completed in an environment that has many health care team members and patients in a confined area. Attention to excellent customer service, the ability to multitask and maintain calm and to work efficiently are essential.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
- Food Service Worker- Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 03/23/2022
- Registered Nurse- Med/ Surg Float Pool 36 hrs, Nights Boston, Massachusetts 07/05/2022
- Registered Nurse, OR Boston, Massachusetts 07/09/2022
- Surgical Tech Boston, Massachusetts 07/13/2022