Registered Nurse, Center for Perioperative Evaluation, Per DiemJob ID 11406351344
Schedule: Per diem, Day shift. 8:00 am start time, mostly 8 hour shifts.
The CPE RN will possess the ability to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and accurately document nursing care for the pre-operative patients. Coordinates all aspects of nursing care with all disciplines to achieve defined patient outcomes. Demonstrates initiative, knowledge and clinical skills in caring for the patient with complex needs. Needs to possess the skill to provide appropriate education to the patient and family regarding their plan of care. The CPE RN must demonstrate excellent customer service skills when interacting with patients, families and coworkers. May cross train to cover preoperative holding area (POH) as needed.
About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171 bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why we’ve been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- BSN required.
- 5 years of med/surg experience required.
- BLS required.
- Previous phone screen experience preferred.
- Previous experience pre-operative anesthesia assessment preferred.
- Adheres to all I.C.A.R.E. standards.
- Must show evidence of the basic analytic thinking necessary to care for a group of patients.
- Demonstrate observational skills and the ability to set priorities.
- Ability to function under stress with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate effective skills in applying hospital standards in area of service, team work, communication, respect for others, and time/priority management.
EEO StatementBrigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee’s protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.
- Dept. Secretary/Medical Assistant - Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Housekeeper - Per Diem Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Laboratory-Med Tech, Blood Bank, FT evenings Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Perioperative Float Pool Dept. Secretary/Medical Assistant - Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020