Radiology-Ultrasonographer, 20hrsJob ID 11168318
Experience in breast imaging preferred. The candidate will be certified with the ARDMS and be require to sit for breast registry within a year of hire.
· Ensures that all exams are performed per department quality standards, submitted in a timely manner, documented appropriately, and available for interpretation in a timely fashion.
· Works with and responds to the clinical direction of the Medical Director of Breast Imaging , Ultrasound Supervisor, Breast Imaging Program Manager and/or delegates to ensure that the imaging standards are maintained.
Provides exceptional care by explaining exams to patients, escorting to/from waiting areas, answering questions, and addressing patient concerns
· Actively participates in plan of action in accordance to workflow needs.
· Adheres to policies and procedures for daily operations.
· Participates in the quality assurance plan for the Breast Imaging program.
· Participates in the research and development of new exam and protocols.
Follows workflow plan developed by the supervisor, and alerts the supervisor to problems as necessary to a changing environment
§ Must hold and maintain a current ARDMS registry in Ultrasound
§ Must hold and maintain a current BLS/CPR.
§ Breast Ultrasound imaging experience preferred. If not, must acquire working competency within 6 months of employment
· Must have graduated from an accredited program in Ultrasound Sciences
§ New graduates must be registry eligible and acquire Breast certification through ARDMS within 1 year of hire.
EEO StatementBrigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee’s protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.