Radiology- MRI Technologist, part timeJob ID 3103262960
- The MRI technologist works under the general supervision of the supervisor/Manager/Radiologist following established procedures/guidelines for the safe operation of the MRI scanner to obtain quality images.
- The MRI technologist manages room workflow and facilitates care of patients in conjunction with the Magnetic Resonance Supervisor.
- Reviews MRI order for exam and indications and confirms scan protocol.
- Performs venipuncture and administers IV contrast agents.
- Screens patients for MRI safety and is responsible for proper positioning, coil placement and protocol selection.
- Controls access to MRI zones.
- Prepares and cleans equipment and scanner for each patient.
- Performs daily QA on MRI scanner.
- Enters the appropriate charges into the EMAR accurately for all exams.
- Ensures that all exams are available on PACS for interpretation in a timely fashion.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- Must have graduated from an approved program in Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- Must possess an Associate’s Degree.
- Must maintain a current ARRT registry in the Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- New graduates must obtain ARRT registration within 1 year of hire.
- Must maintain a current BCLS
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
- Laboratory- Med Tech, Blood Bank, FT evenings Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Radiology- MRI Technologist, part time Boston, Massachusetts 12/11/2020
- Laboratory Med Tech Generalist, Full-Time, Nights Boston, Massachusetts 12/18/2020
- Social Worker (MSW, LCSW, LMHC), Partial Hospitalization Program - Full Time Boston, Massachusetts 01/05/2021