Pharmacy-Pharmacist InternJob ID 10366542256
- Coordinates daily workload to coincide with the needs of the department.
- · Prepacks non-unit-dose oral medications as needed for dispensing to the patient care areas.
- · Performs aseptic compounding of parenteral admixtures and other sterile dosage forms while following aseptic technique and proper procedures for preparing all types of parenteral admixtures · Provides answers to relevant clinical questions to pharmacy and hospital team members under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
- · Assists in researching and solving clinical cases upon the request of a pharmacist
- · Restocks and loads medications in Omnicells in a safe and effective manner
- · Distribute and transport controlled substances and maintain appropriate controlled substance records as applicable in compliance with state and federal regulations
- · Contributes to Quality Improvement Initiatives
- · Inspects assigned areas inside and outside the Pharmacy for outdated drugs.
- · Assists in triaging phone calls
- · Supports the essential functions relating to drug purchasing and inventory control as needed.
- · Adheres to all State and Federal requirements
- · Accepts extra duties upon request
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is at its best when every employee feels equal, included, empowered and respected. When our employees feel supported our patients benefit from their transparency, creativity and innovation because we’re all in this together. And together, we all thrive.
If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
· Staff adheres to all ICARE Standards
· Must be able to understand and clearly communicate with all areas of health care personnel
· Must maintain sufficient pharmaceutical knowledge for the safe and effective distribution of medications.
· Enrolled in an ACPE accredited school of Pharmacy and at minimum entering first professional year of a six year School of Pharmacy program or who is a qualified applicant awaiting examination for licensure
· Current Registration as a Pharmacy Intern in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee’s protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.
- Dept. Secretary/Medical Assistant - Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Housekeeper - Per Diem Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Laboratory-Med Tech, Blood Bank, FT evenings Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Perioperative Float Pool Dept. Secretary/Medical Assistant - Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020