Perioperative Float Pool Dept. Secretary/Medical Assistant - Full-Time DaysJob ID 1149128736
Schedule:Full-time, 40 hours/week. Monday - Friday, day shift with variable start times between 5:30 am and 8:30 am.
Medical Assistant Certification or Associates Degree in Medical Assisting required.
The Perioperative Float Pool Dept. Secretary/Medical Assistant provides direct and indirect care to perioperative patients to ensure efficient patient flow and quality patient care. Under the supervision of the Clinical Leader/Charge Nurse/Nursing Director the secretary performs various administrative duties which facilitate each patient’s readiness for surgery. The Secretary/Medical Assistant will work collaboratively with the team to assure the practice of the Patient and Family Centered Care Model in an environment that exemplifies best practice.
• Triages phone calls in a pleasant and courteous manner, collaborating with professional personnel when appropriate, accurately relaying messages to the appropriate personnel.
• Receives visitors to the department and rooms patients in a professional manner, projecting a positive public image.
• Provides secretarial support in order to ensure efficient and confidential flow of information for patient's medical records.
• Updates OR/CPE charts and medical records to include add-on cases, cancellations, etc.
• Demonstrates ability to efficiently use Epic Chart system.
• Prepares the patient medical record preoperatively, ensures that all required paperwork is in the chart.
• Accurately enters statistical data into the computer system
• Takes and records vital signs and point of care testing.
• Performs EKGs when directed in an accurate and appropriate manner.
• Draws blood for laboratory testing when directed, in an accurate and appropriate manner.
• Collaboratively provides direct care to patients with the RN to facilitate efficient patient flow and quality patient care.
About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why we’ve been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home
- High School Diploma or GED required, associates degree strongly preferred
- BLS required
- Graduate of an Accredited Medical Assistant program or has obtained and maintained a Medical Assistant Certification (AAMA, CCMA, RMA, NCMA) Licensure, Certification, Registration required
- Lab draw training/experience strongly preferred
- Previous medical assistant/clerical experience preferred
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Computer proficiency
- Staff adheres to all I. C.A.R.E. Standards
EEO StatementBrigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee’s protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.
- Unit Service Technician- ICU, Full-Time Nights Boston, Massachusetts 09/01/2020
- Dept. Secretary/Medical Assistant - Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Housekeeper - Per Diem Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Laboratory-Med Tech, Blood Bank, FT evenings Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020