Patient Access Officer- Part-Time NightsJob ID 40030989152
Schedule: Part-Time 28 hours. Monday and Tuesday 11:00 pm - 7:30 am. Alternating Saturday/Sunday 7:00 pm - 7:30 am.
The Patient Access Officer performs and prioritizes the registration of patients to provide the Emergency Department and other areas complete and accurate information in a timely manner. Typically the first point of contact for patients entering the hospital, the Patient Access Officer is responsible for registering patients and offering exceptional customer service. All Patient Access staff will effectively communicate and collaborate with both internal and external customers in a team environment to ensure effective and accurate patient registration, billing and ultimately the overall financial success of the organization all while keeping a focus on customer service and patient confidentiality.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of demographic information and accuracy, completeness and verification of insurance information in all parts of the job.
- Maintains knowledge of Patient Access updates and regulations be reviewing policy/procedures, email notifications, and team One-Note on a regular basis.
- Created new patient medical records, verifies insurance eligibility, collects demographic information, and collects co-pays
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with both internal and external customers in a team environment
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Previous hospital registration experience preferred
- Staff adheres to all I C.A.R.E. Standards
- Demonstrates ability to comprehend verbal and written direction
- Ability to work as a team member with registration and ED clinical staff
- Ability to work in a fast paced, often stressful environment
- Basic computer skills
- Capable of working independent of continuous supervision
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
- Food Service Worker- Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 03/23/2022
- Registered Nurse- Med/ Surg Float Pool 36 hrs, Nights Boston, Massachusetts 07/05/2022
- Registered Nurse, OR Boston, Massachusetts 07/09/2022
- Surgical Tech Boston, Massachusetts 07/13/2022