OR Assistant- Per DiemJob ID 8995685648
Schedule: Per diem variable hours day/evening coverage
The OR Assistant is an integral part of the Surgical Team in providing an optimal environment for surgical patients. The OR Assistant performs duties in support of nursing care and contributes to efficient care and room turnover. The OR Assistant works under the direct supervision of the Lead who reports to the OR Clinical Leader and the Nursing Director. The OR Assistant will also engage in the practice of the Patient and Family Centered Care Model in an environment that exemplifies best practice.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists the surgical team pre, intra and post-operatively by performing activities to promote an efficient delivery of care.
- Prepares the OR suites for the daily schedule by setting up required equipment in a “ready to use” manner. This room set up should be complete or missing equipment will be communicated to the morning team for completion.
- Assists in transferring patients to and from the operating room table/stretcher by using good body mechanics and ergonomic equipment.
- Transports specimens/cultures to the appropriate lab in a safe and efficient manner.
- Cleans ORs between cases properly and quickly and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Anticipates procedure completion in advance and has supplies ready for immediate cleaning.
- Gathers, transports and properly disposes of trash, soiled linen and contaminated materials, per policy.
About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Must be able to read, and understand English for purpose of communication and carrying out written assignments.
- Hospital preferred but not required
- Must posses sufficient interpersonal skills to interact effectively with other healthcare members
- Must be knowledgeable of safety standards and hazards in OR Suites
- Work requires intense physical effort, walking long distances, lifting patients, lifting heavy supplies and equipment, pushing carts and beds, continually adjusting to changes with the ability to be flexibl
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
- Dept. Secretary/Medical Assistant - Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Housekeeper - Per Diem Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Laboratory-Med Tech, Blood Bank, FT evenings Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Perioperative Float Pool Dept. Secretary/Medical Assistant - Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020