Nutrition Assistant - Per DiemJob ID 14252163
• Assists patients with menu choices that fit within diet restrictions.
• Adjusts patient meal selections to comply with diet and with MD/RD/RN instructions.
• Ensures that all patients receive nourishment at each meal; notifies RN when this does not happen.
• Answers phone and assists with callers’ requests according to dept guidelines.
• Follows department procedures for ordering supplements and enteral nutrition support products.
• Complies with department standards for meal delivery and set-up. Completes regular and therapeutic diet menus according to standards of care and department standards. Assists trayline staff and supervisor as needed.
• Passes, delivers and picks up meal trays in a timely manner.
• Conducts meal rounds and tray assessments as assigned. Reports issues and complaints. Rectifies any issues as needed.
• Communicates regularly with clinical and production teams (patient issues, special orders, need for diet education, etc).
• Recognizes and performs duties that need to be completed.
• Responsible for upholding and enforcing standards and policies as set forth by the hospital and the department.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Healthcare experience including patient contact is preferred. Prior experience with customer service via telephones is preferred. Must be able to read English, recipes, ingredient lists, etc. Ability to push food carts. Must be able to communicate clearly via phone and in person. Must have basic computer skills in order to be able to use various computer programs/systems within the hospital. Ability to quickly navigate through multiple software screens is required; as are critical thinking skills in a fast-paced environment. Staff adheres to all C.A.R.E. Standards.
EEO StatementBrigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee’s protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.