Mental Health Worker - Per DiemJob ID 16349651696
Schedule: Per Diem. Rotating schedule. Major holiday requirement
The Mental Health worker is a member of the multidisciplinary team who, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs a variety of duties on the milieu that include direct patient care, patient monitoring, coordination of and execution of milieu groups, and monitoring the tone and activity of the unit to ensure a safe environment. Maintains current education for and is expected to provide for the ADLs of adult and geriatric patients. Utilizes de-escalation strategies to assist patients with self regulation within the mission of reduction of restraint/reduction on a DMH Licensed unit. The Mental Health Worker will also assure the practice of Recovery Oriented and Patient and Family Centered Care Model in an environment that exemplifies best practice.
About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- High School diploma required. Bachelors degree in related field strongly preferred.
- 2+ years inpatient psychiatric experience preferred.
- Previous group experience preferred.
- AHA Heartsaver CPR and AED Certification required.
- Must have sufficient mobility to negotiate physical plant including the strength and endurance to perform physically for long periods of time.
- Must have the physical ability to transfer and lift patients with and without mechanical devices.
- Physical dexterity and psycho-motor skills to respond adequately and appropriately to routine and emergent patient care needs.
- Works in a fast paced inpatient psychiatric care environment where there is potential exposure to blood, blood products, body fluids, infectious materials, electrical, fire, chemical, radiation, physical contact and equipment hazards.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.