Med Surg Float Pool NurseJob ID 38219184528
Schedule:24, Day/Evening, Every other weekend, rotating holidays. Newly Licensed Nurses Welcome to Apply!
The Staff Nurse is a professional nurse registered in Massachusetts who is responsible and accountable for planning and providing patient care for assigned patients in accordance with Nursing Standards of Care as set forth in the Nursing Department’s Clinical Practice Manual. Demonstrates initiative, knowledge and clinical skills in caring for the patient with complex needs. Ability to effectively manage patients by assuming full responsibility for the assessment, plan, implementation and evaluation of patient care and is directly responsible to a designated nurse manager, or supervisor. Assures the practice of the Patient and Family Centered Care Model in an environment that exemplifies best practice.
About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- BSN is required
- Current licensure in Massachusetts as a registered nurse is required
- 6 months med/surg experience or at least one year of RN experience preferred.
- BLS certification required
- Adheres to all I C.A.R.E. standards.
- Must show evidence of the basic analytic thinking necessary to care for a group of patients.
- Demonstrate observational skills and the ability to set priorities.
- Ability to function under stress with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate effective skills in applying hospital standards in area of service, team work, communication, respect for others, and time/priority management.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
- Emergency Department Nurse Boston, Massachusetts 08/12/2022
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Full-Time Days/Evenings Boston, Massachusetts 09/30/2022
- Emergency Department Nurse Boston, Massachusetts 10/18/2022
- Med Surg Float Pool Nurse Boston, Massachusetts 10/18/2022