Licensed Dietitian-Per DiemJob ID 58266176800
This position provides inpatient dietitian care 2-3 weekend days per month, either Sat/Sun, 7:30am-4:00pm. Weekend days are flexible based upon availability of candidate. Under the supervision of the Clinical Nutrition Manager, the Licensed Dietitian performs a variety of duties pertaining to the delivery of high quality, personalized Medical Nutrition Therapy to inpatients.
- This role performs tasks associated with Medical Nutrition Therapy which may include but are not limited to:
- Nutritional assessment
- Nutrition therapy care planning
- Nutrition education
- Writing orders for Medical Nutrition Therapy in collaboration with the medical team, including but not limited to:
- Initiating and/or adjusting diet modifications based on medical condition, disease state or patient request to be consistent with therapeutic home diet
- Ordering oral nutrition supplements, vitamins or minerals
- Initiating or changing a calorie level
- Modifying enteral nutrition including formula type, rate and frequency
- Initiating nutrition related laboratory tests
- Participation in patient care rounds
- Participates in the Department’s Performance Improvement Initiatives and is required to assist with data collection, analysis and interpretation.
- Acts as a preceptor to Dietetic Interns.
- Responsible for upholding and enforcing standards and policies as set forth by the hospital and the department.
- In the absence of the Clinical Nutrition Manager, may be required to supervise the Nutrition Assistants.
About Brigham & Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- Registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration is preferred.
- Dietitian/Nutritionist Licensure by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must have basic computer skills in order to be able to use various computer programs/systems within the hospital.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Bachelors Degree is required.
- Successful completion of a Practical Experience, approved by the CDR, is required (e.g. Dietetic Internship, AP4 Program, Coordinated Undergraduate Program, etc).
- Adheres to all ICARE Standards
- Healthcare experience is preferred.
- Fast-paced environment in which employee must be able to juggle multiple tasks
- Standing for long periods of time to review charts, educate patients, and document.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
- Perioperative Unit Services Tech- Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 05/24/2023
- GI Technician- Per Diem Boston, Massachusetts 06/12/2023
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Full-Time Day/Evening Boston, Massachusetts 06/21/2023
- Operating Room Nurse Boston, Massachusetts 08/24/2023