Kitchen Supervisor- Per DiemJob ID 1149127120
· Ensures that all Cafeteria and Atrium Café employees perform their job tasks.
· Anticipates and meets customer needs; takes appropriate steps to rectify issues.
· Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of department equipment and work areas.
· Effectively addresses/corrects any concerns, discrepancies, product shortages, etc.
· Checks patient trays for accuracy. Ensures that all kitchen employees are performing their job tasks.
· Opens the Department in the morning; ensuring that we are ready for business: staff has arrived, product is restocked, doors unlocked OR secures department at closing: ensuring doors & elevator are locked, supplies and monies are secure.
· Adjusts schedule as necessary to ensure that all positions are covered or that all departmental functions are met even when short-staffed.
· Ensures safe cash-handling of department receipts through overseeing cashier drawer reconciliation processes, monitoring contents of safes, ordering coin/bills, ensuring deposits are delivered within timeframe, conducting batch reports of credit card sales, etc.
· Supervises Cafeteria and Atrium Cafe employees in absence of the Cafeteria manager.
· Oversees the safe operation of kitchen equipment, dishmachine, trash compactor, cardboard bailer, cart wash, etc.
· Performs various leadership functions in absence of other staff: preparing deposits, making change for cashiers, answering phones, placing food orders, etc.
· Participates in rewards/recognition activities, provides disciplinary action when needed, and contributes to/administers performance appraisals of employees.
· Provides Department Orientation and On-Job-Training to new employees. Trains staff on assigned safety in-services.
· Assists with Quality Gold Checks, Cafeteria Surveys, and self-inspections. Conducts meal rounds, test trays, cashier audits, and other quality control activities as assigned to monitor effectiveness of programs and services.
· Communicates department and hospital information to staff.
· Demonstrates a positive and friendly attitude.
· Adheres to all HACCP and regulatory standards.
· Attends department meetings, management meetings, monthly in-services, training classes, etc as assigned.
· Is an active member of the Department’s management team; participates in team meetings, provides input to team discussion, problem-solves, offers suggestions for performance improvement.
· Actively supports and upholds department goals to maintain or improve operations and customer satisfaction.
· Demonstrates a cost conscious attitude towards product and time utilization
· Willingly adjusts schedule and/or job position to accommodate department’s needs.
Schedule: Per Diem
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why we’ve been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· Supervisory experience preferred.
· ServSafe certification is required
· Staff adheres to all C.A.R.E. Standards
· Independent judgment required.
· Strong decision-making skills are necessary.
· Must be able to read menu items in English.
· Must be able to communicate in English.
· Must be able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
· Must be able to use a calculator and make change.
· Ability to pleasantly and effectively handle multiple phone lines and voice mail.
· Must have basic computer skills in order to be able to use various computer programs/systems within the hospital.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
· Must be able to follow lengthy, detailed instructions.
· Fast-paced environment in which employee must be able to quickly move from one task to another
· Long periods of standing in stationary position on service lines and/or walking quickly for long periods of time (delivering trays, checking on employee performance, etc)
· Tasks require pushing catering carts, carrying/moving items up to 35 lbs, bending, lifting, and reaching.
EEO StatementBrigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee’s protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.
- Unit Service Technician, ICU, 36 hrs., Nights Boston, Massachusetts 09/01/2020
- Perioperative Float Pool Dept. Secretary/Medical Assistant - Full-time, 40 hrs, Days Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Food Service Worker- Weekend Evenings Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Housekeeper- Part Time, Weekend Evenings Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020