Kitchen Supervisor- Every Friday 11:00 am - 7:30 pmJob ID 1149127088
The Kitchen Supervisor, under the direction of the Patient Services Manager, performs a variety of functions related to the supervision of employees as they fulfill their responsibilities to responsibly handle cash and/r ensure safe assembly, distribution and service of food to its customers. The Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for upholding and enforcing standards and polocies as set forth by the hospital and the department
Position includes: Oversee staff, kitchen operations, and patient dining; Adhere to strict food safety guidelines; Cash handling; Participate in quality improvement projects; Must be ServSafe certified or become certified within 90 days.
Schedule: Every Friday 11:00 am - 7:30 pm
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why we’ve been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be ServSafe certified or become certified within 90 days.
- Foodservice experience required.
- Staff adheres to all C.A.R.E. Standards
- Strong decision-making skills are necessary.
- Must be able to read menu items in English.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to use a calculator and make change.
- Ability to pleasantly and effectively handle multiple phone lines and voice mail.
- Must have basic computer skills in order to be able to use various computer programs/systems within the hospital.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to follow lengthy, detailed instructions
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee’s protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.