Hospital Ambassador- Per DiemJob ID 38625020096
Schedule: Per Diem
- Actively greets patients, family/visitors, and staff in a polite, professional, friendly, and welcoming manner
- Communicate and educate on entrance policies which may include universal masking and visitor restrictions.
- Assists with patient and family/visitor inquiries and requests by actively listening and clearly responding. This includes, but is not limited to, providing information regarding hospital services and office locations, as well as clear and understandable directions.
- Ensures hospital lobbies and public areas are clean, safe, and uncluttered in accordance with all infection control standards
- Responds to requests from patients requiring escort or assistance
- Provides accurate, service-oriented responses to a wide variety of inquiries via the patient information telephone lines while protecting patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA policies and guidelines.
- Works in collaboration with volunteers to ensure patients, family/visitors, and staff receive accurate, timely, and service-oriented assistance.
- Initiates emergency codes and participates in actual or mock emergency procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the Hospital Ambassador role.
- Adheres to Departmental policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
- Attendance and punctuality, including the use of time keeping software before beginning work and at the end of day.
- Uniform requirements
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- High school graduation required
- Customer service experience required
- Basic computer skills required to access patient information through Epic
- Able to use good body mechanics to assist patients in wheelchairs to their destination.
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate with a diverse population
- Able to problem solve and escalate matters to departmental leadership as appropriate
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
- Food Service Worker- Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 03/23/2022
- Registered Nurse- Med/ Surg Float Pool 36 hrs, Nights Boston, Massachusetts 07/05/2022
- Registered Nurse, OR Boston, Massachusetts 07/09/2022
- Surgical Tech Boston, Massachusetts 07/13/2022