Hospital Ambassador- Part-Time, Weekend DaysJob ID 1149126928
Schedule: Part-time 16 hours; 5:30 am - 2:00 pm, every weekend
• Actively greets patients, family/visitors, and staff in a polite, professional, friendly, and welcoming manner
• Screen staff, patients and visitors as indicated by hospital procedure and provide information and direction as appropriate. This may include asking a series of screening questions, taking a temperature, providing technological support, utilizing application screening tools, etc.
• Communicate and enforce entrance policies which may include universal masking and visitor restrictions.
• Assists with patient and family/visitor inquiries and requests by actively listening and clearly responding. This includes, but is not limited to, providing information regarding hospital services and office locations, as well as clear and understandable directions.
• Ensures hospital lobbies and public areas are clean, safe, and uncluttered in accordance with all infection control standards
• Responds to requests from patients requiring escort or assistance
• Provides accurate, service-oriented responses to a wide variety of inquiries via the patient information telephone lines while protecting patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA policies and guidelines.
• Works in collaboration with volunteers to ensure patients, family/visitors, and staff receive accurate, timely, and service-oriented assistance.
• Initiates emergency codes and participates in actual or mock emergency procedures
• Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the Hospital Ambassador role.
• Adheres to Departmental policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
• Attendance and punctuality, including the use of time keeping software before beginning work and at the end of day.
• Uniform requirements
• Holiday rotations
About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why we’ve been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
•Adheres and to all I CARE Standards
•Able to effectively and professionally communicate with a diverse population
•Able to problem solve and escalate matters to departmental leadership as appropriate
EEO StatementBrigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee’s protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.