Emergency Department Liaison- Full-TimeJob ID 38277737872
Schedule: Full-time 36 hours. (4) 9 hour shifts: 11:00 am - 8:30 pm
The Emergency Department Liaison provides comfort and assistance to the Emergency Department patients and families
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitates communication between patients, families and staff.
- Keeps patients in the waiting room informed of wait status and reasons for delays.
- Maintains a system for identifying, monitoring and communicating with family/visitors of ED patients.
- Consistently monitors patient flow and reports information to patients/visitors:
- Estimates ED waiting times based on Epic statistics and communicates pertinent patient information to Provider/Nursing verbally or via Epic Sticky notes to expedite care
- Rounds as needed to provide patient status updates to visitors .
- Facilitates visitor access to patient bedside with RN approval.
- Educates patients/visitors and enforce department visitor policy.
- Routinely makes rounds through the ED waiting room and ED as indicated by patient volume and acuity to ensure patient comfort and to advocate communication with attending nurse/provider.
- Participates in the education of patients and visitors in understanding hospital systems, triage, patient flow, admission process and the appropriate time frame for hospital admissions/transfers.
- Interacts regularly with other departments including Patient Relations, Security, Social Work, Radiology and Marketing for professional support and problem resolution.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the legal implications of patient confidentiality
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of insuring patient and unit safety at all times.
- Provides clerical duties as directed and attends Epic Clerk Training to Provide Epic Access
- Answers questions, provides directions/escorts when necessary and gives information to patients and visitors who present to the ED Reception desk.
- When requested, escorts patients to radiology.
- * Minimal Greeter or clerical coverage for ED required
- Performs non-clinical duties at the request of clinical staff to expedite patient services and to keep patients informed.
- Accompanies Physicians/Pas during delivery of critical patient information and facilitates services for grieving family members following a patient death.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- BS/BA required; MS preferred
- 3-5 years experience in the health care or social services setting preferred.
- Must adhere to all C.A.R.E. Standards
- Excellent communication, customer service and conflict resolution skills required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment.
- Must be able to set and reset priorities.
- Must be able to manage extremes in practice from death and dying issues to non-urgent circumstances with respect and dignity for all.
- Knowledge of special needs; infant/child/adolescent/adult/geriatric adult behavior; and mental health issues required.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
- Food Service Worker- Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 03/23/2022
- Registered Nurse- Med/ Surg Float Pool 36 hrs, Nights Boston, Massachusetts 07/05/2022
- Registered Nurse, OR Boston, Massachusetts 07/09/2022
- Surgical Tech Boston, Massachusetts 07/13/2022