Department Secretary- Per Diem EndoscopyJob ID 41593342512
Per Diem: Variable weekday shifts
Under the supervision of the Nursing Director and as a member of the Department Based Patient Care Team, the department secretary performs a wide range of secretarial duties and coordinates department admissions and throughput to ensure professional and efficient operation of the department in providing quality patient care. The unit is fast paced. Patients arriving may be anxious. Work is completed in an environment that has many health care team members and patients in a confined area. Attention to excellent customer service, the ability to multitask and maintain calm and to work efficiently are essential.
The department secretary performs the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Answering department phones, retrieving messages and answering calls promptly
- Collaborating with health care team members and other departments to ensure efficient flow in the department.
- Greeting and receiving patients and families, responding to their needs and taking a proactive role in the efficient operation of the department.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide indirect care appropriate to patients and families served in the department.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive.
At Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in medical, customer service setting strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology stronglypreferred
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients, visitors, and hospital personnel
- The unit is fast paced. Patients arriving may be anxious. Work is completed in an environment that has many health care team members and patients in a confined area. Attention to excellent customer service, the ability to multitask and maintain calm and to work efficiently are essential.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
- Food Service Worker- Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 03/23/2022
- Registered Nurse- Med/ Surg Float Pool 36 hrs, Nights Boston, Massachusetts 07/05/2022
- Registered Nurse, OR Boston, Massachusetts 07/09/2022
- Surgical Tech Boston, Massachusetts 07/13/2022