Critical Care Physician Assistant Nurse Practitioner Per DiemJob ID 54761165360
ICU Clinical Duties
- Closely collaborate with the ICU physician to admit new patients into the BWFH ICU
- Assist the ICU physician on daily patient rounds, to monitor patient care and formulate treatment plans
- Write daily progress notes
- Implement attending physician instructions for patient management in close cooperation with nursing staff
- Perform all core ICU procedures within the PA/NP scope of practice as directed by the attending; participate in the highly supervised ICU procedural training and maintenance-of-competency programs
- Order and interpret appropriate laboratory testing and other special examinations as requested
- Serve as a resource to the health care team for patient care issues
- Prepare succinct and accurate sign-out to facilitate the smooth transition of patient care from one PA/NP to another PA/NP or physician
- Assist in the evaluation of potential ICU admissions from the inpatient units at BWFHGeneral Duties
Work collaboratively and function as an efficient member of the BWFH ICU team
- Assist in the coordination of consultation of other sub-specialists involved in the care of ICU patients
- Provide education to patients and families
- Document in the medical record as appropriate and communicate observations/findings with attending physicians
- Monitor environment of care and comply with regulatory agency standards
- Ensure that his or her clinical practice is consistent with physician assistant and or APRN policies, procedures and standards
- Participate in QA/QI projects as appropriate
Schedule:7:00 AM-7:30 PM, Per diem.
About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Completion of a master’s or post master’s degree in acute care, adult or family NP program accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
Current certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center or an equivalent body. Current active licensure to practice in the expanded role in the state of Massachusetts.
One year of relevant full time experience as a PA/NP in this specialty, preferred.
Other previous hands on patient care experience may be considered at the discretion of the Medical Director
Medical knowledge includes an understanding of pathophysiology, patient presentation, differential diagnosis, patient management, surgical principles, health promotion and disease prevention. The PA/NP must demonstrate core knowledge about established and evolving biomedical and clinical sciences and the application of this knowledge to patient care in their area of practice. In addition, the PA/NP is expected to demonstrate an investigatory and analytic thinking approach to clinical situations.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
- Emergency Department Nurse Boston, Massachusetts 08/12/2022
- Ambulatory Clinical Educator Boston, Massachusetts 02/10/2023
- Critical Care Float Pool Nurse Boston, Massachusetts 05/17/2023
- Unit Service Technician- Part-time Day/Night Rotation Boston, Massachusetts 05/17/2023