Certified Nursing Assistant - Full-Time Evening/NightJob ID 9244643184
Schedule: Med/Surg Floor (6S). full-time 40 hours; Evening/night rotation. Every other weekend and holiday requirements.
The Certified Nursing Assistant, or Patient Care Assistant (PCA) as we call it, functions as a member of the patient care team, under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN), and proficiently and consistently performs all aspects of the PCA role. Responsible for supporting the RN with clinical tasks, including but not limited to blood glucose monitoring, completing EKGs, applying simple dressings, using aseptic technique and responding to medical emergency situations utilizing Heartsaver CPR and AED skills. In addition, the PCA is responsible for responding to the needs of patients and family members and taking an active role in the efficient operation of the unit. Assure the practice of the Patient and Family Centered Care Model in an environment that exemplifies best practice.
About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171 bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why we’ve been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home
- High School Diploma or GED certificate required.
- Certified nursing assistant or current nursing student who has completed Fundamentals of Nursing or equivalent med/surg clinical rotation.
- AHA Heartsaver, CPR and AED program required.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
- Dept. Secretary/Medical Assistant - Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Housekeeper - Per Diem Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Laboratory-Med Tech, Blood Bank, FT evenings Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Perioperative Float Pool Dept. Secretary/Medical Assistant - Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020