Medical Assistant/Dept. Secretary- Full Time Outpatient Infusion CenterJob ID 4265767568
Schedule: Outpatient Infusion Center. Full time, 40 hours, Monday-Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30pm
Medical Assistant Certification required
The Outpatient Infusion Center (OPIC) Secretary /Medical Assistant provides direct and indirect care to OPIC patients to ensure efficient patient flow and quality patient care. Under the supervision of the Nursing Director or designee, the Secretary/Medical Assistant performs various administrative and direct/indirect patient care duties which facilitate each patient’s readiness for their OPIC visit/procedure and an optimal unit patient flow. The OPIC Secretary/Medical Assistant will work collaboratively with the team to assure the practice of the Patient and Family Centered Care Model in an environment that exemplifies best practice. Expectations of the individual in this position will be to demonstrate professionalism; excellent organizational, time management, customer service and communication skills; the ability to be self-directed; work well in a group and focus on patient-centered quality care. The secretarial/medical assistant distribution of duties will be flexible to meet the needs of the unit and patients and families.
About Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 162 bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why we’ve been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant Certification and BLS required.
- Previous clerical experience preferred.
- EPIC experience preferred.
- Adheres to all I.C.A.R.E. standards.
- Ability to speak, read and write English. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to work as a team player and work in a multicultural environment. Detailed-oriented and ability to multitask.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee’s protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.
- Unit Service Technician- ICU, Full-Time Nights Boston, Massachusetts 09/01/2020
- Dept. Secretary/Medical Assistant - Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Housekeeper - Per Diem Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Laboratory-Med Tech, Blood Bank, FT evenings Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020