Behavioral Health- Mental Health Worker, 32 hours, nightsJob ID 10366542496
General Summary/Overview Statement
- As a member of the Behavioral Health Float Pool, you have the opportunity to care for patients on all of our in-patient units, our inpatient psychiatry unit, and our Emergency Department. The variety of work assignments affords a rich learning experience. A comprehensive orientation is provided.
- The mental health worker (MHW) is a member of the multidisciplinary team who, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs a variety of duties, including direct patient care, patient observation, patient monitoring, and monitoring the tone and activity of the unit to ensure a safe environment. Specific responsibilities will depend upon the unit assigned for that shift.
- Successful candidate will establish therapeutic relationships with patients, maintaining professional boundaries. Identifies patient behaviors that contribute to the development of a crisis; utilizes non-verbal and verbal techniques to de-escalate crisis situations. Active monitoring of patients and the environment are key with particular attention to safety concerns. Assists patients to provide for activities of day living of adult and geriatric patients. Participates in planning and implementation of patient groups.
- The MHW will also assure the practice of Recovery Oriented Patient and Family Centered Care Model in an environment that exemplifies best practice.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee’s protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.
- Dept. Secretary/Medical Assistant - Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Housekeeper - Per Diem Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Laboratory-Med Tech, Blood Bank, FT evenings Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Perioperative Float Pool Dept. Secretary/Medical Assistant - Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020