Behavioral Health- Mental Health Worker, 32-hours, day/eveJob ID 11052236704
General Summary/Overview Statement
- As a member of the Behavioral Health Float Pool, you have the opportunity to care for patients on all of our in-patient units, our inpatient psychiatry unit, and our Emergency Department. The variety of work assignments affords a rich learning experience. A comprehensive orientation is provided.
- The mental health worker (MHW) is a member of the multidisciplinary team who, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs a variety of duties, including direct patient care, patient observation, patient monitoring, and monitoring the tone and activity of the unit to ensure a safe environment. Specific responsibilities will depend upon the unit assigned for that shift.
- Successful candidate will establish therapeutic relationships with patients, maintaining professional boundaries. Identifies patient behaviors that contribute to the development of a crisis; utilizes non-verbal and verbal techniques to de-escalate crisis situations. Active monitoring of patients and the environment are key with particular attention to safety concerns. Assists patients to provide for activities of day living of adult and geriatric patients. Participates in planning and implementation of patient groups.
- The MHW will also assure the practice of Recovery Oriented Patient and Family Centered Care Model in an environment that exemplifies best practice.
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US hospitals receive have better patient outcomes, patient satisfaction and nursing satisfaction, as well as lower nursing turnover, and it has become the gold standard for nursing excellence.
At Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital, we believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for treatments around the globe to training the next generation of providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the center of everything we do. Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is at its best when every employee feels equal, included, empowered and respected. When our employees feel supported our patients benefit from their transparency, creativity and innovation because we’re all in this together. And together, we all thrive.
If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee’s protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.
- Dept. Secretary/Medical Assistant - Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Housekeeper - Per Diem Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Laboratory-Med Tech, Blood Bank, FT evenings Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020
- Perioperative Float Pool Dept. Secretary/Medical Assistant - Full-Time Days Boston, Massachusetts 09/04/2020