Patient Access Officer I - Full-time, 40 hrs, NightsJob ID 13629107
• Ensures accuracy and completeness of demographic information and accuracy, completeness and verification of insurance information in all parts of the job.
• Maintains knowledge of Patient Access updates and regulations be reviewing policy/procedures, email notifications, and team One-Note on a regular basis.
• Ensures accurate searching and usage of correct Medical Record information when Arriving or Admitting patients into Epic
• Ensures accuracy and completeness of demographic information during Registration
• Ensures accuracy, completeness and verification of insurance information and collects appropriate co-pay when due.
• Ensures accuracy of attending and primary care physician.
• Performs bedside registration within the ED as needed.
• Ensures patient given proper ID wristband during workflow
• Maintains smooth patient flow and minimal wait time for the patients and ED clinical staff.
• Obtains financial signatures, Medicare compliance signatures and all other mandated compliance requirements, including by visiting patients on the medical units as needed.
• Conducts downtime testing and is expert in downtime procedures.
• Assists all telephone inquiries from other departments or visitors as needed.
• Maintains knowledge of registration updates by reviewing emails on a regular basis.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned by Operations Supervisor or Director.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Previous hospital admitting experience preferred. Previous hospital registration experience preferred.
Demonstrates ability to comprehend verbal and written direction. Ability to work as a team member with registration and ED clinical staff. Ability to work in a fast paced, often stressful environment. Basic computer skills. Capable of working independent of continuous supervision. Staff adheres to all C.A.R.E Standards.
• Alternately standing, sitting and walking back and forth within the ED department
• Able to lift up to 25 lbs
EEO StatementBrigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee’s protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.